Welcome to the webpage of the Emmy Noether Research Group From Perception To Belief and Back Again. The group is led by Peter Brössel and is located at the Center for Mind, Brain and Cognitive Evolution and the Department of Philosophy of the Ruhr-University Bochum. It is generously funded by the German Research Foundation with more than 1,2 million euros.
- Workshop in July 2019: We are hosting the second Bochum Epistemology Seminar. Confirmed speakers are Peter Brössel (Bochum), Catrin Campbell-Moore (Bristol), Jennifer Carr (San Diego), John Morrison (Barnard), Carlotta Pavese (Duke), Jake Quilty-Dunn (Oxford), Moritz Schulz (Hamburg), and Filippo Vindrola (Bochum). For more information see here.
- Workshop in June 2019: On behalf of the group, Edouard Machery and Insa Lawler are hosting a kick-off workshop on measurement in cognitive science. Confirmed speakers are Ann-Sophie Barwich (Bloomington), Lorenza S. Colzato (Leiden/Bochum), Jan de Ruiter (Tufts), Alistair Isaac (Edinburgh), Insa Lawler (Bochum), Edouard Machery (Pittsburgh), and Joel Michell (Sydney). For more information see here.
- Workshop in December 2018: We are co-hosting a conference on the cognitive penetrability of perception with the Center for Logic, Language and Cognition (LLC) at the University of Turin. The conference will be held in Turin in December 2018. Invited speakers are Peter Brössel (Bochum), Yasmina Jraissati (Beirut), Insa Lawler (Bochum), Bence Nanay (Antwerp/Cambridge), Albert Newen (Bochum), Athanassios Raftoupoulos (Cyprus), and Susanna Siegel (Harvard). For more information see here.
- New Visitor Starting in July 2018: Luca Moretti (Aberdeen) is visiting our group in July 2018.
- New Visitor Starting in June 2018: James Pryor (NYU) is visiting our group from June 2018 until August 2019.
- New Member Starting in April 2018: Insa Lawler has just started as a post-doc in our group.